Rostock Photo Diary

10 March 2014










Apologies for the delayed upload but I've finally gotten around to posting these pics from my trip away a few weeks ago. Following my week in Madrid, I travelled to a small town in Germany called Rostock for another diving competition. This was the fourth time I've been to Rostock and although there's not much to see and do there, it's a very cute and interesting place. 

Much like the rest of Europe, the architecture was amazing and so different to any building styles in Australia. Pretty much every building has a pointy roof to allow for snow fall, plus each one is a different colour, making even the most boring of structures fascinating. 

My favourite part of Rostock is the city centre where there is a little street that runs right down the middle with shops on either side before opening out into a large square complete with a fountain and surrounded by unusual statues. Amongst the shops, there is no shortage of bakeries, which leads me to Germany's best feature...cake and pastries. I'm not going to lie, a lot of cake was consumed during my week in Rostock along with some of the best sandwiches (think fresh crusty bread rolls jam packed with cheese and vegetables) and some of the best breakfasts too. 

Even in the smallest of cities shopping is always involved. After walking the entirety of the street, there tucked into the back of a small shopping complex was glorious Zara. My friend and I did some serious damage in there (without spending too much money of course). My purchases included an amazing yellow blazer, printed jeans and a grey mini skirt with crossover detailing at the bottom. Zara remains one of my favourite stores because current trends from the runway are made available immediately and at a fraction of the price. Plus the quality is really good, which to me is very important. 

I'm back home now and even though it's nice to be back in my own bed and in the sunshine, I do miss travelling and being out of my daily routine. After not having travelled in almost a year, I forgot how much I enjoy it and hopefully I can head overseas again for another trip soon! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Secret Thrills. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.